Pineapple upside-Down Cake
Salad vegetables should not be frozen because the cold destroys texture and flavor.
· 250 gr margarine
· 1/4 cups sugar
· 4 eggs, egg whites and yolks separated
· 3 cups sifted flour
· 1 tablespoon sifted baking powder
· 1 can pineapple slices in syrup San Marcos (560g)
· 1 cup pineapple juice
1. Beat the margarine until smooth. Add the sugar evenly over the margarine. Add the egg yolks, one by one, to mix well.
2. Add the flour, the baking powder and pineapple juice. Mix well slightly.
3. Add the beaten egg whites.
4. Place pineapple slices in a baking pan. Pour the mixture and bake in a heat oven at 180 ºC for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the baking pan.